- Please ensure that you are happy with the information noted by our staff on the inspection sheet before you sign it. We cannot be held responsible for any queries once the form has been signed.
- Rentals up to 27 days have an unlimited mileage allowance, rentals of 28 days or more are given a mileage allowance of 100 per day and excess mileage is charged at £0.25 per mile plus vat.
- Please note that if we receive any parking, speeding or Congestion Charges we could charge between £20 and £40 plus vat dependant on who supplied us with the fine plus the fine if we pay it for you.
- At the end of the rental please replace the fuel back to how you found it otherwise we will charge you the pump price plus 20% or £1.75 per litre plus vat whichever is the greater, these charges are taken out of your damage deposit. If you have not paid a deposit this charge is taken off your card automatically.
- Please make sure you understand that in the event of damage or accident to our vehicle or a third party vehicle or property you will be liable for up to £600 if you chose not to have waiver on your rental.
- If you have taken out waiver your excess liability is reduced to £270, your damage deposit will be deducted from your excess liability.
- If you have any convictions on your license our insurance company may impose an additional excess which cannot be reduced by a waiver. Please note you are responsible for off hire charges whilst the damaged hire vehicle is being repaired on top of your excess within reason.
- Your nominated credit I debit card acts as a security for any charges we would need to recover in pursuance of the hire agreement up to your excess amount signed for, your signature on the insurance form confirms that you accept this. This also includes fuel shortages/wrong fuel, punctures, broken or chipped windscreens and admin charges etc.
- When hiring a Luton with a tail lift, please understand that the tail lift is powered by the main battery, extensive use could drain this battery, in this instance leave the engine running where possible otherwise you could be liable for the cost of a replacement. This also applies to internal lights left on in the rear of vans etc.
- All vehicles will have had their levels checked, if you are having the vehicle a length of time please ensure that you keep an eye on the fluid levels, tyres etc or return the vehicle to us regularly so we may check these for you.
- ALL OUR VEHICLES ARE NON SMOKING - THIS IS THE LAW. If there is evidence of smoking inside the vehicle you will be charged for the cleaning of the vehicle. All vehicles must be brought back in the same condition they were hired to you in, if not, a valeting charge of £80+VAT will be charged to you.
- Please report all accidents to us your fault or not and take the third party details, failure to do so could result in you being charged.
- You must inform us if you wish to take the vehicle abroad as there are special documents that are required and additional charges will apply please ask us for details.
- The windscreen has a separate excess of £250 or the cost of replacement whichever is the lowest price.
- You are reminded you are responsible for any losses incurred by us as a result of the insurance or waiver being void due to information being incorrectly supplied that may affect your cover or result in cover not being offered or withdrawn. You must tell us if you have had any fault or non-fault accidents in the last 3 years or if you have any medical or physical conditions that we should be aware of that may affect your ability to obtain insurance.
- It is an offence under the Road Traffic Acts to make any false statement or withhold any material information for the purpose of obtaining a certificate of motor insurance and you could become liable for all costs of any claim.
- Goods carried by yourselves during the hire period, will not be covered under our insurance. They are your sole responsibility and any damage or loss incurred during the hire period will be at your cost.
By accepting the vehicle you are agreeing to the above terms.
TM Van Hire is a trading name of Bondtrade Ltd
*Cancellations: within 24 hours notice 100% of hire charge, within 48 hours 50% of hire charge, more than 48 hours notice no charge.*